Douglass F (Doug) Wiles
- President, Owner – Herbie Wiles Insurance, Inc., 1979-Present – Leader of anindependent insurance agency with 30 employees providing insurance and riskmanagement services to nearly 7,000 businesses and families in Northeast Florida.
- Consultant, General Dynamics Information Technology, 2006-Present - Subject matterexpert on local and state politics/political leaders. Provides guidance/counsel to seniormilitary leaders responsible for responding to emergencies and natural disasters. Federal Security Clearance – "Secret."
- Florida Association of Insurance Agents – Chairman Elect, 2016-17; Member, Board ofDirectors, 2010-13.
- Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)-Awarded 1996
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI)-Awarded 1986
- Licensed Florida Insurance Agent, 2-15 (1979), 2-20 (1980)
- B.S., Journalism – University of Florida, 1974
- A.A. – St. Johns River Community College, 1972
- Graduate – St. Augustine High School, 1970
- Member, Florida House of Representatives, 1996-2004 – Elected/re-elected four times torepresent parts of four counties and more than 130,000 residents in Northeast Florida.Served as Minority Leader 2002-2004 with responsibility for working closely with 40representatives to reach consensus on significant issues and representing their interests inthe House and to the Governor and Cabinet. Organized and directed a staff of 12 in theHouse Minority Office. Key Committee assignments include the Community AffairsCommittee; Economic Development Appropriations Committee; Education K-12Committee; and the Insurance Committee.
- Trustee, St. Augustine Firefighters Retirement Board, 2003-2016 – Appointed by the St.Augustine City Commission to provide oversight of more than $11 million in assets toassure adequate funding for retired firefighters.
- Member, St. Johns County Value Adjustment Board, 2010-2016 – Appointed as a citizenmember by the St. Johns County School District. The Board considers and rendersdecisions on all appeal petitions relating to property assessments, classifications andexemptions.
- Lieutenant Colonel, Retired, Florida Army National Guard, 1979-2000 – Served in a variety of positions including Director of Training; Public Affairs Officer for The Adjutant General and Camp Blanding Training Site; Commander, 107th Public Affairs Detachment; and Commander Troop E, 153rd Cavalry. Service included 16 state active duty deployments to provide support to local communities after natural disasters and unrest, as well as 5 deployments to Central America and the Middle East in support of the US military presence in the areas.
- Lieutenant, US Army, 1974-1979 – Served as a platoon leader, troop executive officer and public affairs officer for the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment which was deployed along the East-West German border during the Cold War.
- Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience, Trustee
- Flagler Hospital, Board of Trustees, Past Chairman
- Kiwanis Club of Historic St. Augustine, Past President
- St. Augustine/St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce, Past Director
- St. Johns County Education Foundation, Past Director
- United Way of St. Johns County, Past Director
- Association for Retarded Citizens, Past Director
- Memorial Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Born November 7, 1952, Andalusia, AL
- Life-Long Resident, St. Augustine, FL
- Married to Doris Klein, 41 years
- Two Daughters: Lindsay Gramana (Zack) and Ashley Gregoire (Ian); five grandchildren